Friday, January 23, 2015

Periodic Table

Think past: I didn't know much about the Periodic Table before but I knew it was separated by how many protons and neutrons. I knew there about the noble gasses and the transition medals. I also knew there was 118 elements on the periodic table. Scientists are trying to find new elements but they are man made. 

Think present: I learned how that there is different types of carbon. There is 3 different types of carbon and they all do something differently. Almost every element has more than 1 form of it. Which is very interesting. I also learned that some elements scare away sharks which is a new discovery and amazing to think about. 

Think past: In the future I think I will just have the knowledge in my head. I don't think I will ever have to use this besides in high school and in college. It is good to know about the elements and what they are and how they are separated. This is a very interesting topic and I like to know about the elements. 

1 comment:

  1. What elements are you most curious about? If there was one element or part of the video that you wanted to dig into a bit deeper, what would it be? Explosive chemistry? The making of alloys like the bronze bell? The shark repellent? Radioactive materials? Let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete